Children's Speech and Language Therapy have a new video on the Therapies website (https://www.kentcht.nhs.uk/childrens-therapies-the-pod/) called ‘A guide to generalising speech sounds’. This takes parents/school staff through the stages between a child being able to use a new sound in words in a structured session up to spontaneous speech and has lots of clips of an SLT using the strategies with a child.
Within the Speech Sounds section there are lots of helpful resources including:
• Online workshop which covers how sounds are made, how they develop and recommendations for supporting them at home.
• Minimal pairs video demonstrating how to use this approach.
• Phonological awareness video demonstrating lots of activities which develop PA skills.
• Top tips for speech video.
• Cued articulation video which demonstrates lots of the cued artic signs.
• Access to the EY speech screen tool which parents and settings can use to see if their child would benefit from a referral.