St. John's

Church of England Primary School

Google Services

Google Translate

Google Translate

Google Search

Google Search


What should I do if my child is unwell?


If your child is displaying COVID-19 symptoms at home you must follow the government guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection. Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 needs to immediately self-isolate and arrange to have a test to see if they have COVID-19. Please visit the government testing page to arrange. 


The NHS website also provide very clear advice on what to do if your child has symptoms.


If you are keeping your child off school because they are isolating please telephone the school office on 01892 678980 or email Please inform us of the outcome of the test as soon as you receive it (or once the school is open to receive calls). 


Please read the following guidance if your child has been sent home from school due to displaying COVID-19 symptoms. This document will be updated in line with changing government guidance: