Our School Vision
St. John’s is a school with a Christian foundation and we welcome all children and adults into our community. We want our children, families and staff to know that they are valued, cared for and to be happy. We want our children to be passionate about learning and to equip them with the tools that will enable them to flourish academically, emotionally and spiritually.
- get to know children well; fostering independence and developing confidence
- encourage parents to work closely with us to nurture their children’s potential and to teach them values that underpin all of our relationships
- provide a curriculum that is creative, engaging and inspiring
- seek to meet the needs of all children by providing appropriate resources and opportunities
- develop our staff in order that they might thrive.
1 Corinthians 12 v 12 says, ‘there is one body, but it has many parts. But all its many parts make up one body.’
Our school motto
‘Nurturing the potential in everyone’
Our school values
We will to try to ‘foster a passion for learning’ in our pupils.
- Honesty – to be honest about our behaviour, words and actions
- Respect – to treat each other, and our property, with respect
- Empathy – to be willing to put yourself in someone else's shoes and see things from their point of view
- Courage – to have courage in the way that we behave and take risks in learning
- Inclusivity – to understand that everyone is welcome at St. John’s and that we are all valued, whatever our needs are.
We hope that the whole school community will be able to get behind our vision and that it will enable our pupils to flourish and thrive at St. John’s.